Date(s) - 03/12/2018
14:00 - 16:00
“How is Artificial Intelligence affecting Competition and Markets?”
Monday 3 December 2018
The Digital Policy Alliance is holding a round table on “How is Artificial Intelligence affecting Competition and Markets?” on Monday 3 December 2018, 2-4pm in Westminster. Lord Clement-Jones CBE, who is Chair of the House of Lords Artificial Intelligence Select Committee and Co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence, will chair the meeting.
The objective of the round table is to measure and understand how AI is being used to gain competitive advantage in the global market place, and identify the implications for UK competition policy.
The panel of speakers are:
- Tim Cowen (Partner, Preiskel & Co)
- Dr Carel Maske (Senior Attorney, Antitrust, Corporate, External & Legal Affairs, Microsoft EMEA)
- Sarah Hayes (Senior Regulatory Advisor, National Infrastructure Commission)
- Phillip Blond (Director, ResPublica)
- Dr Liza Lovdahl Gormsen (Director of the Competition Law Forum & Senior Research Fellow in Competition Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law)
- Jamie Susskind (Barrister, Littleton Chambers & Author of Future Politics)
The round table will commence with a welcome and introduction to the panel from Lord Clement-Jones CBE. Each speaker on the panel will then outline their key thoughts and comments, to be followed by Q&A with all attendees. Representatives from industry, academia and charities are all most welcome.
It is hoped that the round table will highlight key issues which can then be taken forward by the DPA’s Competition Policy working group.
For more details: [email protected]