Date(s) - 25/10/2016
17:00 - 18:00
CREATING A 21CN DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE
A round table to discuss action plans to expedite investment
Tuesday 25 October 2016
17.00 – 18.00
The UK is well behind the international curve when it comes to the availability of the future ready “full fibre” networks needed to be globally competitive in a smart world. Our current “ambitions” for 2020 are modest compared to those of our competitors for 2017. How could we use market forces to bring forward investment by months or even years? How should we ensure that incremental investment comes together over time to create the infrastructure (including inter-operability standards and business models) for a smart society?
Introductory presentations have been invited from those wishing to work together on:
- Creating an open market for backhaul as well as ducts, poles and other “passive” infrastructure;
- Opening the maintenance market to competition and creating world-class support businesses;
- Common processes to cut the time to agree access and wayleaves from months to days;
- Ensuring fair business rates which do not get in the way of investment;
- Helping Local Authorities combine austerity today with plans for a smart future;
- Mapping the IoT/Smart standards jungle.
The objective of the meeting is to identify those interested in helping them deliver results to short order and create networks for longer term practical co-operation.
Please e-mail email@example.com for details if you or a colleague would like to participate on the day or cannot attend but would like an invitation to join in the follow up.
This meeting is for DPA members and registered observers only. If you are interested in becoming a member we would welcome your attendance as a taster, but before any further participation, you would then need to join us. More details are available at: https://dpalliance.org.uk/join-us/.