Date(s) - 20/07/2016
10:00 - 12:00
Wednesday 20 July 2016
Brexit adds urgency to turning aspirations into effective action to address long standing skills problems.
The main objective of this meeting is to review progress with the activities which group members have already agreed to undertake and help publicise any calls for support on inputs.
The draft agenda is therefore:
1) Review of progress with removing obstacles to the use of existing employer recognised and industry funded courses, qualifications and materials in publicly funded courses, including those to be funded from the apprentice levy and system.
2) Review of progress with the plans for a cross-cutting, pan- London degree level, digital apprenticeship programme.
3) Review of progress with plans for a London Cyber Security Skills Partnership.
4) Progress with the Plymouth Digital Skills Partnership.
5) Progress with the Telford Digital Skills Partnership.
6) Discussion of partnership activities for which participants would like to use Brexit as a reason for attracting support and expediting progress.
Not all those running projects will be able to be present. The aim will therefore be to circulate progress reports electronically in advance. All participants are asked to e-mail the key points they would like to make, whether or not they are able to be present on the day, so that we can make best use of the time available.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
This meeting is for DPA members and registered observers only. If you are interested in becoming a member we would welcome your attendance as a taster, but before any further participation, you would then need to join us. More details are available at: https://dpalliance.org.uk/join-us/.