Date(s) - 04/02/2016
14:00 - 16:00
DPA MEETING INVITATION
21ST CENTURY SKILLS GROUP
CHAIRED BY LORD LUCAS
Progress reports on plans for Local 21st Century Skills Partnerships
and cross-cutting Cyber/Security Skills Partnerships
Formation of subgroups to progress identified actions
Thursday 4 February 2016
14.00 – 16.00 ~ Westminster
In order to make best use of the time available, all those planning to attend, as well as those unable to do so, will be asked to e-mail updates to the progress report and plans (now updated with inputs received by 23rd January) on the DPA website https://www.dpalliance.org.uk/about-21st-century-skills-group/21st-century-skills-group-meeting-reports-publications/ by 29th January to enable these to undergo a further round of updating in advance of the meeting.
The current objectives of the meeting include:
1) Review support for an exercise to bridge the gap between Industry recognised Courses and Qualifications and SFA recognised apprenticeship programmes.
2) Review support for Pilots in Plymouth and Telford and a pan-London exercise.
3) Review support for cross-cutting cyber-security partnership.
4) Review support information services/websites to cross-fertilise contacts.
Depending on progress before the meeting and the time available we may also:
5) Discuss a proposal to engage recruitment and employment consultants with pilots.
6) Discuss a proposal for a group of FE colleges to work together to improve employer engagement, for example with mentoring and work experiences.
7) Discuss responses to an invitation to input proposals to the EU Commission DSM Agenda.
8) Discuss longer term objectives, strategy and tactics for the group: the current objective is to provide a neutral, status free, venue for discussing co-operation and paths through political minefields, delegating practical action to those participants who wish to work together to achieve practical results.
The precise agenda, including any proposals to split the meeting (e.g. to allow time to discuss objectives 5-8), will be drafted in the light of feedback received by 29th January.
For more details and to indicate whether you wish to attend, please e-mail: [email protected]