Date(s) - 05/04/2017
13:00 - 15:00
21CN SKILLS USING PARTNERSHIPS TO TRAIN THE SECURITY SKILLS SWAMP
Wednesday 5 April 2017
There is much hype about a cyber security skills crisis combined with confusion over what is meant by cyber and a lack of training to meet the specifications used by most of those seeking experienced recruits.
- How many jobs require rounded security professionals?
- How many are technician roles which can be rapidly mastered by those with talents possessed by around 2% of the population?
- How many are compliance roles that could be done by conscientious clerks?
- How many require individuals capable of acquiring UK security clearances?
- How many are for those with internationally recognised skills who can work equally intimately with the law enforcement and security services around the world?
The aim of this meeting is to begin the process of:
- unravelling the security skills markets (who is looking at what, from which direction?),
- identifying who is already delivering what by way of successful talent identification, attraction and training,
- locating case studies of co-operation which are available to be built-on, expanded or replicated,
- recruiting those looking for solutions to copy,
- locating those willing to work together across markets and along supply chains.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to participate on the 5th April or suggest a relevant colleague, supplier, customer or partner. Please also email if you are unable to attend but would like to participate in the follow up. The more material you can supply in advance the better use we will be able to make of your time on the day.
This meeting is for DPA members and registered observers only. If you are interested in becoming a member we would welcome your attendance as a taster, but before any further participation, you would then need to join us. More details are available at: https://dpalliance.org.uk/join-us/.